Sunday, July 20, 2008

Megafauna Monday (and other failed goals) weeks 8, 9, 10, 11?

I think we're up to 11. The trouble is, all of the animals have moved farther North and to higher elevations. Migration and all, you know? These last four weeks I have seen like 4 moose, a bear, a porcupine, and a red fox. Pathetic. Here's my spreadsheet. (Sorry to let you down, Billy.)



But while we're on the topic of goals, there are several I have accomplished so far:

-Solo trip through Gates of the Arctic National Park.
-See Arctic Ocean
-Eat caribou
-Pan for gold

But those are far outnumbered by things I still need to do:

-Swim in Arctic Ocean
-Bear encounter on foot
-Solo trip through ANWR
-Go hunting for the first time ever
-See a wolf
-See a musk ox
-Eat moose
-Find Gold
-See Aurora Borealis
-Bigfoot sighting
-Marry an Eskimo girl

To be fair, here are things that I have accomplished that I hadn't planned on:

-Go to Barrow
-See a lynx
-Watch the entire first season of Flight of the Conchords

Which are very worthwhile things in their own right. But still, the season is half over now, and I have a long list ahead of me. Wish me luck.

Now!

2 comments:

english said...

good luck. NAOUGHW!

FPrince said...

Could someone please remove these cutleries from my knees?